2016 Calluna Events Recap!
Another year has passed as we sit down to reflect on all the incredible moments we’ve witnessed and accomplishments we have from 2016. As always we are grateful for the work we are able to do each and every day for our clients and with the incredibly talented wedding and event community in Colorado.
2016 marked our 13th year in business and we are humbled and ever so grateful that we continue to be a part of the wonderful world of events. At the start of this new year we are excited for the couples whose weddings we are planning for 2017 and for all the newly engaged couples who have been reaching out! We are continually inspired, challenged, and motivated to do incredible things and be the best we can be!
2016 was a wonderful year for Calluna Events and we are honored to share our incredible highlights with you!
- We planned over 40 events. These included weddings, rehearsal dinners, birthday parties, a national field to vase event, 40th & 50th birthday parties, corporate events, graduation parties, a book launch, a modern lounge at a national yoga event, an intimate 17 person winter wedding, a bridal showcase and fashion show, a styled shoot for 5280 Home, two Monday weddings and so much more!
- We worked at two of our bucket list venues – Dunton Hot Springs and Brush Creek Ranch and are excited to say we’ll be back at Brush Creek in 2017!
- We planned weddings & events all over Colorado and beyond in Aspen, Beaver Creek, Vail, Dunton Hot Springs, Boulder, Denver, Tabernash, Breckenridge, Colorado Springs, Estes Park, Mt. Princeton, Granby, and Lyons, and Saratoga, Wyoming this year.
- We planned weddings & events at private residences, a historic hot springs, at 10,000 feet in Colorado, on working farms, mountain ranches, hotel ballrooms, mountain tops in Snowmass, Beaver Creek and Vail, historic homes, an apple orchard, and many other wedding venues!
- We planned a gay wedding for our couple Ken & Steve and continued to watch more states make gay marriage legal. Love wins!
- We were asked by 5280 Home Magazine to design a winter holiday tablescape for their December issue and had a wonderful time with our creative partners!
- We hit 10,000 followers on Instagram!
- In January we planned our special holiday party for our staff at the new Denver venue Moss, working with many of our favorite creative partners.
- We hired a new Lead Planner, Kaylee Maresh, who is about to celebrate her one-year anniversary with us and is working with many of our couples to plan their 2017 wedding!
- One of our Lead Planners, Michelle Wagner, was married this year! Congratulations Michelle and Adam.
- Our Lead Planner Gabbie Sarbaugh was engaged last year and is currently planning a June 2017 wedding!
- AND, Kaylee, got engaged to her long time beau Matt and are planning an October 2017 wedding! We can’t wait to see our own Planners tied the knot this year!
- Kristen Kennedy, our incredible intern from last summer, moved into Assistant Planner role this year and took on more lead in our blogging, social media and assisting. She is managing all of our blogging, submissions, and social media and we are grateful for her support.
- The rest of our veterans continued as an integral part of our team. Two of our Lead Planners, Spice and Gabbie have been with us for 11 & 10 years respectively and Francesca, Melanie and Michelle are also continue their involvement in assisting, planning and help with blogging and social media. We are so grateful for their loyalty, experience, friendship and continue dedication to the Calluna team!
- We showcased our second shop-local series featuring all of our favorite local shops and services throughout November, which culminated in our annual Holiday Gift Guide.
- Our owner, Heather Dwight became the Director of Communication for the brand new WIPA Colorado Chapter. She sat on the board, attending monthly board meetings and national conference calls, four Quarterly meetings and one Members Only Event. WIPA not only is an educational organization but also looks to elevate the integrity and professionalism of the wedding industry.
- We attended our first Engage! Luxury Wedding Industry Conference this December in Sea Island Georgia, not only gaining valuable education but networking as well.
- Attended the Event Blueprint Workshop at the Denver Botanic Gardens – an educational daylong workshop.
- Our owner Heather was profiled as one of Boulder’s top Entrepreneurs in Boulder Lifestyle Magazine.
- We hosted a social media class for 25 attendees with Sani Golriz from Sunnyside Social Media and Emily Sacco Photography, both dear friends in the community.
- We planned the 6thannual Boulder Burgundy Festival and are excited to continue helping in 2017
- Working with the St Julien Hotel & Spa we planned their first annual Spring Down the Aisle Fashion Show.
- In collaboration with our partner Bespoke Edge we débuted the Calluna Suit and several of our grooms purchased their custom suits through Bespoke Edge.
- We started our Coffee with Calluna series on our blog to talk about all things weddings, style, planning or anything you have questions about!
- We received the Knot Best of Weddings for the 11th year in a row! We’ve received this honor since 2007, the very first year of The Knot Best of Weddings!
- We are once again a Little Black Book Member of Style Me Pretty.
- We were once again part of the Collective at Grey Likes Weddings
- We were asked once again to be a part of the Once Wed Vendor Guide.
- We were selected to be on the Blue Label list on Ruffled Blog!
- We were asked to be a Rocky Mountain Bride GEM Member.
- We received the Wedding Wire Couple’s Choice Award 2016.
- We were selected to be a COUTUREColorado LIST Member once again.
- We were listed on Expertise at one of the Top 19 Event Planners in Colorado.
- We were chosen by MyWedding.com (Print) as one of Colorado’s 10 Wedding Planners.
- com (Print) featured us as a Top Colorado Wedding Planner.
- We were listed as one of the Top 26 Influential Wedding Planners on Facebook.
- We continued to be listed as a preferred wedding planner at the Brush Creek Ranch, St Julien Hotel & Spa, Devil’s Thumb Ranch, ICONIC Weddings, Beaver Creek Resorts, Vail Resorts, Four Seasons Denver, Keystone Resorts, The Kitchen Restaurants, The Stanley Hotel, Della Terra Mountain Chateau, The Hotel Boulderado, Lyons Farmette, River Bend, YaYa Farm, and more!
Calluna Events in the wedding world: