Here at Calluna we are always looking for new ways to highlight and honor some of the amazing creative partners we get to work with. We feel incredibly fortunate to work with some seriously talented vendors in the industry, and we want to show them off to you in our new Calluna Community Series! We will sit down with some of the fabulous vendors of Colorado and get to know about them, their business and what life is like behind the scenes. Stay tuned for more!
This week for Calluna Community we caught up with Robyn Rissman of Bare Root Flora!
Cheers! Xo, Calluna
MEET ROBYN RISSMAN (Owner of Bare Root Flora)
- Describe what you do?
- “I design lush, textural, wild flowers for organic, elegant Colorado weddings!”
- What is your idea of a dream project?
- “I feel like I get multiple dream projects a year and they all have three things in common: clients who trust me with their vision and give me the freedom to execute it, a spot in our incredible Colorado outdoors in which to work, and a team of unbelievably talented creatives with whom to collaborate. These three elements make my job a total dream.”
- What has been your favorite wedding that you have worked or attended?
- ” It’s so hard to pick just one–I feel like I have so many! But I just wrapped one of my all-time favorites, which took place against the rushing St. Vrain river, backed by red rock cliff walls. It was absolutely breathtaking!”
- What does your morning routine look like?
- ” I’m always up with the sun and my internal alarm clock is the only one I ever use! I generally like to read in the early morning before I get a start on my day!”
- What are some of your favorite trends that you are seeing?
- “Well, I see color coming back and I. LOVE. IT. As timeless and gorgeous as neutral tones are, I just can’t get enough rich and vibrant color!”
- What advice would you give to a younger you?
- “Ha! I’m about to hit a milestone birthday (and no, I won’t say which one!! Lol!), so I’ve been thinking about this a lot! I love the advice of “leap and the net will appear”–when I finally did that, everything changed for me! So I might remind my younger self of that notion! That being said, I feel like everything has unfolded for me in just the right way, at the right time!”
- What makes you excited to go to work in the morning?
- “I feel so incredibly lucky to get to do what I love surrounded by people I love–it took me a long time to find my true passion and ever since I did, “work” has been so much fun. It’s also exhausting and stressful and nerve-wracking and exhilarating and fulfilling and it just feeds my soul. I will never get over being grateful that I get to do what I love so much, and that I do it surrounded by fellow creatives who inspire and challenge me every day. And that makes every workday something to look forward to!”
- What is your favorite cocktail, or what are you drinking tonight?
- I love anything with an umbrella in it! And also, bubbles. Give me all the bubbles!
Photography Credit: Callie Hobbs Photography | Connie Whitlock Photography | Rebecca Stumpf Photography | Jose Villa Photography | Shanon Von Eschen Photography | Eric Kelley Photography | Laura Murray Photography | Lucky Malone Photography | Feather & Twine Photography |