It is a chilly and rainy day here in Colorado and we were extra thrilled to sit down with a warm cup of coffee (and maybe a treat or two) and answer all of your questions! We love doing #CoffeeWithCalluna and we’re so excited to share a few more tips and tricks. Each week we’ll answer questions we receive from our readers. Send your questions about weddings, planning, style, or anything really and we’ll answer them!
“After all of your years in the event and wedding industry, what are some ways you continue to find fresh inspiration?”
Wow this is a great question! We are constantly finding fresh, new inspiration and we always love incorporating elements of what we see in everyday life into our design and decor process. For future brides you’re probably tempted to go out and buy that stack of bridal magazines, cozy up on the couch with a glass of wine, and flip through the pages and we can’t blame you! We love seeing the styles of other designers across the country, and magazines are a great way to do that. We also utilize Pinterest and often ask our clients to collaborate with us via Pinterest, it is a great tool for wedding planning, not only because you get ideas from other weddings but you can pull in elements like interior design, travel, art etc. Follow us on Pinterest here! Of course we are on Instagram daily and we love seeing all the inspiration through the friendors we follow. Our friends and creative partners are constantly pushing us to think outside the box and make us think differently about design and the details of weddings. We talk to our creative partners about what they are seeing. We are also extremely inspired by what we see living in beautiful Colorado, from the street art in RiNo to the decor at our favorite restaurants. We are always searching for ways to bring in fresh elements to our weddings and events and we have learned inspiration can truly come from anywhere. What inspires you?
“I am looking to host some welcome drinks for friends coming into town for our Denver wedding, any suggestions?”
Yes! We love this question, Denver is full of fabulous spots and we could truly list so many amazing options. Check out our top five below.
- White Lies Denver : Coffee shop by day, cocktail bar by night? This is our type of joint. Located in Capital Hill, this cozy spot offers up handcrafted cocktails and delicious bites. One of our couples hosted a welcome party here last month and it was an absolute hit!
- Frasca Food + Wine: Frasca might be known for it’s wine list curated by Bobby Stuckey and delectable menu from award winning chef Lachlan Mackinnon Patterson but if you’ve ever had a cocktail made by their Director of Distillates, Ali you don’t know what you are missing! Ali has been known to create a custom cocktail or two for brides and grooms of ours for their wedding night!
- The Kitchen Denver : The Kitchen is a Denver staple and is conveniently located in downtown. With a few private dining options, The Kitchen would be the perfect spot for welcome drinks, a rehearsal dinner or even a full restaurant buyout. You can’t go wrong with their wine list and tasty food menu!
- Cooper Lounge : Located on the upper level of the iconic Union Station, this fabulous cocktail bar offers not only the perfect setting but also an extensive wine list. Your guests will be blown away but this amazing cocktail lounge.
- Oak : Before custom cocktails were all the rage Bryan Dayton was winning awards for his cocktails. His resume is too impressive to list here and he continues to set the bar high and infuse the Boulder cocktail scene with his knowledge and experience.
- Bar Fausto : This hip and industrial hangout located in the RiNo district serves us small plates paired perfectly with their tasty cocktails. This space is perfect for a welcome drink reception.
- Williams & Graham : This speakeasy inspired spot will not only be an exciting experience but their drinks and food does not disappoint. Williams & Graham is incredibly unique to Denver and would be a great option for a welcome reception!
Want to have your questions answered? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on Instagram @callunaevents.
Coffee : Little Owl Coffee