2012 Highlights from Calluna Events
In what has become one of our favorite traditions, it’s time to highlight and recap the year, and show you favorite images from our 2012 weddings. Not only does this tradition allow us to look through our weddings and reminisce about all the fun we had, it allows us to be truly humbled and gracious for the opportunities we have all year long.
And it is with that spirit we want to say an enormous thank you; to the brides and grooms we have the honor of working with and all of the incredible wedding vendors in Colorado we had the opportunity to work with throughout the year! Our clients and vendors make what we do truly a joy.
We’ve had our most successful year to date! This year we met and worked with incredible clients who became friends, who we want to stay in touch with and hear their wonderful news. We are grateful to be surrounded by lovely couples who allow us to help them with their wedding plans. We some exciting things in the works for 2013 and we can’t wait to share them with you!
Happy New Year from Calluna Events! From our team to your family, we wish you and yours much love, happiness and best wishes for 2013!
- 2012 marked our 9th year in business!
- We planned nearly 40 events, including weddings, rehearsal dinners, birthday parties, non-profit events, showers, anniversary, holiday parties and business events!
- We are nearly finished with a complete brand overall and will be unveiling our brand new website in early January!
- Weddings were planned for an actress, an ultra marathon runner, an attorney, a Pilates instructor, a musician, a teacher, the owners of Tee & Cakes, the co-owner of Anna Be, a psychologist, a world renowned rock climber, a winery owner, a fellow wedding planner colleague, skateboarder, a groom from South Africa and many more!
- We were completely honored to plan an event with Jane Goodall and had the incredible fortune of helping raise a considerable amount of money for the Jane Goodall Institute.
- We hired our 4th Lead Planner who will be starting in January 2013!
- We received the Knot Best of Weddings for the 5thyear in a row.
- We were awarded the Wedding Wire Bride’s Choice Awards 2012.
- We were selected to be a COUTUREColorado LIST Member once again.
- The White List Colorado asked us to be a member of their selected wedding planners.
- We were interviewed for an article on wedding planning in Women’s Day.
- We were selected to be a part of the Blue Label list on Ruffled Blog.
- Once again we are a Little Black Book Member of Style Me Pretty.
- Our weddings were featured on many wedding blogs including COUTUREColorado, Style Me Pretty, Ruffled and GreenWeddingShoes.
- We were interviewed and featured on WeddingLovely, in their Get to Know a Wedding Planner section.
- Heather Dwight was interviewed for the small business section for Yahoo Finance.
- Calluna Events is featured in the Art of the Celebration Colorado coffee table book. The book showcases the best wedding professionals in Colorado.
- We were featured on OneHitchedLane and PaperMoonWeddings, a new wedding blog featuring Colorado weddings.
- Heather Dwight, Calluna Events owner, maintained her Accredited Bridal Consultant status with the Association of Bridal Consultants.
- We renewed our membership with the Association of Bridal Consultants, which we’ve been a member of since 2004.
- We helped plan, as well as attended, the Association of Bridal Consultants annual conference in Denver, Colorado.
- We planned weddings & events in Boulder, Denver, Vail, Aspen, Beaver Creek, Avon, Estes Park, Winter Park, Steamboat Springs, Crested Butte, and Lyons, Colorado this year.
- Our wedding with Lauren + Chris was featured in LuxeMountainWeddings.com
- We continued to be listed as a preferred wedding planner at the St. Julien Hotel & Spa, The Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch, Four Seasons Vail, ICONIC Weddings, Beaver Creek Mountain Resorts, Keystone Resorts, Stanley Hotel and Della Terra Mountain Chateau, The Hotel Boulderado and more!
- Our weddings were featured on print publications of Colorado Brides, The Knot Colorado!
- Heather Dwight, Calluna Events Owner, was profiled in The Knot Colorado as one of Colorado’s top wedding planners in their Wedding Planner Dish section.
- We were quoted in wedding articles in the Daily Camera, 5280, The Knot Colorado, Brides Colorado, Brides, Colorado Brides & Babies, Longmont Times-Call and more.
- We had the opportunity to work with over 250 new and talented vendors in the Colorado wedding industry such as photographers, floral designers, bakers and cinematographers and continued to expand our knowledge and relationships with vendor partners to ensure we are providing the best vendor recommendations for our brides.
- We were featured in 5280 Wedding Guide.
- We continued as a member of the Green Bride Guide, the most comprehensive and credible green wedding resource online.
- We attended many industry events and networking opportunities to broaden our knowledge of the industry and met new vendors.
- Two of our events were featured on the brand new COUTUREColorado Baby.
- We planned weddings at private residences, working farms, mountain ranches, 5-star restaurants, hotel ballrooms, historic homes, mountaintops, an art gallery and many other wedding venues.
- We were honored to be asked to plan two top wedding industry brides weddings this year.
- We planned a wedding in three short weeks and another one in just three months, all with the same care and attention to detail we would those with 9-12 months!
Happy New Year and best wishes for 2013!
Gabbie, Heather, Jolene + Spice
Colorado Wedding Planner + Stylist