First of all, Congratulations! Being engaged is an incredibly exciting time and we want you and your sweetheart to enjoy every minute of it. While you may be eager to jump right into planning, it may be a little bit of a “now what?” moment. Don’t worry! We have compiled a few tips to keep you relaxed and on track to having the most fabulous engagement leading up to your dream wedding. Enjoy!!
1. Pick up the Phone. Your relatives and loved ones will want to be the first to know! Social media has become the tempting place to snap a gorgeous ring shot…. but its important not to post, tweet, or instagram before you talk to the closest people in your life. It may come off as hurtful if special friends and family hear it in an informal way.
Photo: Preston Utley
2. Have Some Fun! This is the rest of your life we are talking about – there’s no need to rush into things! Enjoy your engagement by spending quality time with your fiancé & celebrate with loved ones. Once you feel ready to dive in, start the planning season with some laid back (fun!!) wedding inspiration. Father of the Bride, anyone? Stock your nightstand with wedding magazine? Yes please.
Photo: Ali Vagnini Photography
3. Take care of that Bling. Now that you have an amazing new piece of jewelry in your life, some important precautions should be taken. You’ll likely want to take it your ring to be sized, cleaned and we highly suggest insuring it for some peace of mind.
Photo Credit: Tess Pace Photography || James Michael Photography
4. Start Thinking About Budget. Again, after you feel it’s time to begin the planning process, a good first step is to establish a budget. Consider logistics and boundaries for the planning process so you don’t get swept up in the magic and then later disappointed when that wedding gown price tag is a tad too expensive.
Photo: Steve Stanton Photography
5. Create A Timeline. It may seem a little bit of a chicken-and-egg situation, but we’ve found picking the big day date depends on venue, destinations and availability. It’s productive to select a season (we see a lot of our couples plan 9-12 months out from their proposal) and then narrow it based on your venue and vendor’s calendars.
6. Hire a Planner. Okay, we might be a little biased but we think hiring a coordinator is absolutely necessary to create a beautiful & hassle-free day. We can think of about a hundred, but we’ve outlined the top four reasons for you here.
7. Start brainstorming guest list. You don’t need to have the final list set in stone, but start a conversation about wedding size. An intimate wedding of 50 calls for much different wedding preparations than a Big Fat Greek Wedding of 500.
Photo: Tess Pace Photography
8. Engagement Party! Traditionally the bride’s parents throw the engagement party, but nowadays anything goes! Whether you decide to host yourself or someone else is hosting for you, this is a celebration about you, your new fiance and the love you share! Let this pre-wedding party kick off a new chapter in your life, and enjoy!!
Photo: Matthew Spek
9. (Determine) and embrace your own style. We know that its so easy to get caught up in the weddings you see on blogs and pinterest (don’t worry we’re obsessed too) but remember to stick to your own style and vision. When it comes down to it, your wedding should reflection of you and your fiancé’s personalities and values.
Photos: Jessica Chrisite Photography
Featured Photo: Tess Pace Photography
This past Sunday we had the pleasure of planning a very last minute (were talking less than 3 weeks) elopement on top of the Lost Gulch Overlook in Boulder (just up Flagstaff Road).
Jim + Heidi contacted us about 2.5 weeks ago to plan an elopement ceremony for them. While there were no other guests present, the couple wanted things to remain formal and planned. So, we enlisted the help of a few of our lovely local professionals and with a few phone calls and follow up, we had planned our couple a wedding.
The weather was wonderful, the location was breathtaking, the ceremony was sweet and traditional, the flowers beautiful, and the photos are stunning.
Thank you SO much to Alison Vagnini Photography, Brighter Day Floral Design, and Father Marty for making this special celebration so memorable!
Please contact Calluna Events (hello@callunaevents) if you are looking for some hourly consulting to help with your wedding or elopement.