Every year, we sit down to write our end of year recap and we can’t imagine it could be better than the last recap but it always is. We are grateful for the work we are able to do each and every day for our clients and with the incredibly talented wedding & event community in Colorado. We are continually inspired, challenged, and motivated to do incredible things and be the best we can be!
Once again we are thrilled to say we have more events on the books than ever before going into the New Year, and a couple weddings booked for 2017 even. We also have some exciting things planned for 2016! We can’t wait to share! 2015 marked our 12th year in business and we are humbled and ever so grateful that we continue to be a part of the wonderful world of events.
2015 was an exciting year for Calluna Events and we are honored to share our incredible highlights with you!
- We planned nearly 60 events. These included weddings, rehearsal dinners, birthday parties, a pug party, a Harry Potter party, graduation parties, a business anniversary party, a modern lounge at a national yoga event, our biggest wedding with over 500 guests, an intimate elopement, a wine festival, a Spooky Halloween party, a 20th wedding anniversary party, a few holiday parties and so much more!
- We had two out of state weddings this year! One in Arizona and one in North Carolina. Both were for dear long time friends of ours.
- We planned weddings & events at private residences, at 10,000 feet in Colorado, on working farms, mountain ranches, 5-star restaurants, hotel ballrooms, mountain tops in Aspen, Beaver Creek and Vail, historic homes, an art gallery and many other wedding venues!
- We planned and held the second ever wedding at the Aspen Art Museum.
- We planned weddings & events in Aspen, Beaver Creek, Vail, Boulder, Denver, Craig, Larkspur,Tabernash, Estes Park, Evergreen, and Lyons, Colorado this year.
- We had the pleasure of watching the gay and lesbian community gain marriage rights. Love wins!
- We flew to New York City for 3 – night stay and 4 – day excursion courtesy of The Perfect Petal!
- We coordinated four very different styled shoots throughout the year, including a Todd Reed engagement shoot, a Mediterranean inspired styled shoot, a Poolside Bridal Shower shoot at the Four Seasons Denver and a Modern Halloween shoot, allowing us to work with some of our favorite vendors, as well as new ones
- We increased our Instagram following by more than 4 times!
- We had the opportunity to work with many new and talented vendors, as well as old friends in the Colorado wedding industry such as photographers, floral designers, bakers and cinematographers and continued to expand our knowledge and relationships with vendor partners to ensure we are providing the best vendor recommendations for our brides.
- We hired a new Associate Planner, Sami Taft, who is about to celebrate her one-year anniversary with us. We also hired a Lead Planner, Kristin Renier, in March as well as had our lovely intern Kristen Kennedy as an integral part of our team. Two of our Lead Planners, Spice and Gabbie have been with us for 10 & 9 years respectively and Francesca, Melanie and Michelle are also veterans. I’m so grateful for their loyalty, experience, friendship and continue dedication to the Calluna team!
- We showcased our first shop-local series featuring all of our favorite local shops and services throughout November, which culminated in our annual Holiday Gift Guide.
- We hosted a calligraphy class with Rebecca from Manzanita as well as a wreath design class with Frances from Prema, both dear friends in the community.
- We planned the 5th annual Boulder Burgundy Festival and are excited to announce it will be growing into The Boulder Food & Wine Festival for 2016.
- We received the Knot Best of Weddings for the 10th year in a row! We’ve received this honor since 2007, the very first year of The Knot Best of Weddings!
- We were entered into The Knot Best of Weddings Hall of Fame in 2015!
- We are once again a Little Black Book Member of Style Me Pretty.
- We were selected to be a part of the Collective at Grey Likes Weddings
- We were asked once again to be a part of the Once Wed Vendor Guide.
- We were selected to be on the Blue Label list on com
- We were asked to be a Rocky Mountain Bride GEM Member.
- We received the Wedding Wire Couple’s Choice Award 2015.
- We were selected to be a COUTUREColorado LIST Member once again.
- We continued to be listed as a preferred wedding planner at the St Julien Hotel & Spa, Devil’s Thumb Ranch, ICONIC Weddings, Beaver Creek Resorts, Vail Resorts, Four Seasons Denver, Keystone Resorts, The Kitchen Restaurants, The Stanley Hotel, Della Terra Mountain Chateau, The Hotel Boulderado, Lyons Farmette, River Bend, YaYa Farm, and more!
Calluna Events in the wedding world:
- Lana & Danny’s gorgeous Rivers Bend, Lyons wedding was featured on Martha Stewart Weddings
- We were thrilled to have Page & Scott’s St. Regis Aspen wedding featured on Style Me Pretty.
- Sloan & Michael’s picturesque Estes Park wedding was featured in Flutter Magazine’s fifth issue
- Yasmin & Chris’ wintery Vail wedding was featured on Style Me Pretty
- Nicole & Alex and Kelly & Adam were both featured on The Knot Summer print issue as well as on Ruffled Blog.
- Rachel & David’s Colorado Ranch wedding was featured on the Knot.com.
- Christine & Patrick’s stylish St Julien Boulder wedding was featured on RuffledBlog
- Annie & Thomas’ al fresco St Julien Boulder wedding was featured on Style Me Pretty
- Sloan and Michael’s wedding was featured again on Grey Likes Weddings
- We coordinated a Mediterranean inspired styled shoot, which was featured on the front page of Style Me Pretty.
- Our Todd Reed engagement styled shoot and our Modern Marie Antoinette styled shoot were featured on Burnett’s Boards
- Heather & Gio’s Ya-Ya Farm & Orchard wedding was featured in Borrowed & Blue.
- Our St Julien summery styled shoot was featured in Rocky Mountain bride Spring issue.
- Lesley & JD’s Four Seasons Denver wedding was featured on Borrowed & Blue
- Our Pool side Bridal Shower Shoot at the Four Seasons Denver was published in Rocky Mountain Bride print and also featured on Couture Colorado
- We had our Halloween shoot featured on RuffledBlog just in time for some holiday inspiration!
- Style Me Pretty Living published our 1st birthday party we planned for Michele Hart’s daughter
- Our Watercolor 5th Birthday party was featured on Momtastic Blog
- Our owner was featured in a blog post on Journal de Jalune about Inspiring Women Before 10am
- We appeared on MSNBC and Denver 9NEWS sampling cupcakes from a local Denver baker.
- We continued to attend many industry events and networking opportunities to broaden our knowledge of the industry and meet new vendors.
Enjoy some highlights from this year!
| James Christianson Photography |
| Laura Murray Photography, James Christianson Photography |
| Jennifer Ballard Photography |
| Tess Pace Photography, Dawn Sparks Photography |
| Rebecca Caridad from Manzanita |
| Steve Stanton Photography |
| Laura Murray Photography |
| Emily Sacco Photography |
| James Christianson Photography |
| Tess Pace Photography |
| Matthew Speck Photography |
| Jason and Gina Photographers |
| Dawn Sparks Photography |
| Matthew Speck Photography |
| Kmulhern Photography |
| Calluna Events’ iPhone Photos |
| Feature Photo: Emily Sacco Photography |