2015 was one for the books, and we are thrilled to have been a part of so many fabulous weddings and events. This past year, we were truly impressed by some of the visions and ideas our clients presented, which we saw beautifully transformed into gorgeous celebrations. We witnessed new trends in fashion, event design, food and florals that we simply adored! With that being said, we are thrilled to see what 2016 brings for weddings, so we have compiled a list of some trends we are ecstatic to see this season.
The Look: Wedding dresses and styles have evolved over the years, and we are loving the revamped styles that have been introduced.
- The Two Piece: We love a bride that is willing to stray from tradition, and the two piece dress is a great way to mix up your look. Whether you are going for a boho-chic style or a totally glam look, two piece dresses can be made to fit any style.
- Open Backs & Plunging Necklines: We love dresses that show a little skin, and plunging necklines and open backs are an elegant and gorgeous way to accomplish that look. We are eager to see these styles flourish in the 2016 bridal season.
- Mix up your Maids: While the Bride is most definitely the star of the show, her bridesmaids and their style is also incredibly important! We are seriously obsessed with the mix & match look, and cannot wait to see how bridal parties pull off this trend. Mixing up bridesmaids dresses is not only a great way to achieve a fun and unique look, but each girl will be able to express her individual style!
The Food: Lets face it, food is one of the best parts of attending a wedding. With the emergence of “the foodie” bride & groom, we have seen tremendous creativity in wedding menus and meals. 2016 will not disappoint, and we are anticipating some seriously fabulous food moments.
- The Dessert: Yes, everybody loves a good wedding cake, but we know there are endless options to the dessert table. Don’t be afraid to stray away from the cake and surprise your guests with a variety of sweet treats!
- The Brunch Wedding: Though not the traditional wedding meal, we are loving the wedding brunch trend! Not only is this option usually more affordable, but brunch bring a unique (and yummy) atmosphere to share with your guests! From mimosa bars to coffee stations, we are excited to see this option gain more traction.
Photo Credit: Tess Pace Photography
- The Shape: We definitely saw some loose floral bouquets this year and we think the trend will continue strongly into 2016. Rather than placing flowers in a tight and stiff bouquet, florals are being showcased in a whimsical, organic style.
Photo Credit: James Christianson Photography
- The Colors: After Pantone announced Rose Quartz as one of the colors of 2016, we knew that blush would be big. However, we are excited to see a twist on the traditional shade, and hope to see a combination of soft shades with a pop of bold color.
Photos via Style Me Pretty
- The Table: Gone are the days where each table has to have an individual center piece. We saw some extremely creative uses of florals and greenery in 2015, and we know that we will see even more this year. We believe that 2016 will accentuate the beauty not only of flowers but of unexpected greenery.
Bottom Images via Green Wedding Shoes
Featured Photo: Ashley Sawtelle Photography