Cinco de Mayo is always a favorite event planning holiday. From the bright colors, to exciting and fun decor, to delicious bites of food, Cinco de Mayo is the perfect opportunity to host a fiesta! This year we are helping to plan a Cinco themed baby shower and we are in love with all of the pretty and bright inspiration! Looking to plan the perfect Cinco de Mayo party? Check out our tips below!
- A Cinco De Mayo party is a great opportunity to get creative with your decor. We love the idea of using colorful store-bought cans, like jalapeño or tomato cans as vessels for bright and colorful blooms. Other fun and easy decor options could include Mexican blankets, colorful cacti or fun paper flowers like these ones! It’s not every day you get to combine so many bright and fun colors and textures, so don’t be afraid to be bold when deciding on your fiesta décor.
- Everyone loves a delicious Mexican cocktail and Cinco De Mayo is the day to bring out the yummiest drinks! While you can’t go wrong with a classic margarita, we are loving this article from Food & Wine on some tasty cocktails that are guaranteed to impress your guests! You should also serve a non-alcoholic beverage like horchata, Mexican Coca Cola, and plenty of water with fresh fruits!
- Food is essential to throwing a great Cinco De Mayo, and this year we are loving all things interactive. Try creating a “Build Your Own Taco Bar” for your guests. Not only is it fun and interactive but also will be incredibly tasty! For dessert we are obsessing over these fun ideas from Buzzfeed! Need ideas for your ultimate taco bar? Check out some of our favorite ingredients below!
- Taco Meat, Beans, Rice, Hard & Soft Tortillas, Sliced Onion, Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream, Salsa, Guacamole, Jalapeños, Green Chiles, Shredded Lettuce, Cilantro, Limes, Peppers, Corn, Radishes.
- Want to leave your guests with something adorable to remember the day by? We love the idea of doing something personal like colorful maracas with the guests name on them, or even something edible like homemade mexican wedding cookies or mini bottles of cholula!
- The key to a perfectly festive Cinco De Mayo bash is tons of color. Don’t be afraid to play around with bright and bold blooms, mexican paper pennants and colorful table decor. We are loving oranges and deep pinks this season, and we know these colors will be the perfect pop for your party!
Featured Image : Harper Point Photography