We’re so excited to welcome Jenna Leigh Frum to the Calluna Events team as our newest Event Planner + Marketing Specialist!
Born and raised in sunny Southern California, Jenna graduated from UCLA with a degree in Communications and Entrepreneurship and launched her career in finance as a marketing specialist for a wealth management group in Los Angeles. She fell in love with the events industry after her sister’s wedding in Santa Barbara and quickly found her calling when she landed a job as an event coordinator at Annie Campbell, a full-service catering and party planning boutique in Hollywood known for planning events for Goop, Ralph Lauren, Glow Recipe and more! Driven by her desire to be closer to the wedding industry, Jenna took a role as a bridal stylist and marketing specialist for Casablanca Bridal in Newport Beach and most recently served as an event planner at Amorology Weddings in San Diego, a luxury full-service event coordination and styling company, prior to moving to Colorado!
Jenna is very excited to bring all her creative energy and passion for storytelling through events and marketing to the Calluna Crew!
More about Jenna!
- Favorite part of the wedding planning process: The creative process of designing a wedding fills my heart with so much joy! From getting to know our couples and all the things that make them smile to playing with different colors, textures, flowers, and decor when bringing our collective vision to life with our bride and groom’s personalities shining through everything!
- Favorite part of the wedding day?: The moments that I absolutely love on the wedding day are the first look, vows, and seeing our design come to life! Moments like these just feel timeless to me, as if we’re living in a love story and watching it all unfold before our eyes! I feel so grateful to do what I love and be surrounded by amazing people every day!
- Post wedding ritual: The day after a wedding I love to take a long walk in the sunshine and smell the roses 🙂
- Favorite reception song: I Wanna Dance with Somebody
- Favorite wedding gown designer: Galia Lahav
- Least loved wedding-day trend: I will say that I don’t mind that the garter toss is phasing out!
- Trend you’d like to see more of: As someone who loves all things fashion, mismatched bridesmaids dresses is a trend that I’m loving! I’m truly inspired when brides curate a selection of dresses for her gals to choose from and feel beautiful in as they stand next to their best friend as she says I do!
- Best advice for a newly engaged couple? Follow your heart! If you’re ever feeling a bit bogged down in the details, take a moment to slow down and connect to your intuition as you make decisions for your big day! Remember that you know yourself best and you already have all the answers in your heart to make a decision that feels right and we’re here to help you in the process!
- On the weekend you can find me: Enjoying nature! Picnics in the park! Fun with friends + family!
Okay – now for some good ole’ fashioned rapid fire:
- Favorite cocktail: Margarita!
- Beach or mountains: I love both! I grew up spending a lot of time at both the beach and the mountains in Southern California and I am super excited to experience the mountains in all four seasons now that I’m in Colorado!
- Early bird or night owl: Early bird!
- Sweet or salty: Salty
- Dream vacation: Lake Como!
- Go to coffee order: Coconut milk latte – iced in the summer and hot in the winter!
- Favorite Social Channel: Instagram! I love all the visuals and creative inspiration that is shared on the platform every day!
- Favorite movie: I definitely am more of a TV series gal! There’s a special place in my heart for witty sitcoms and I always find myself laughing out loud when I watch Schitts Creek, New Girl, and The Mindy Project to name just a few!
- Guilty pleasure: Popcorn + rewatching my favorite sitcoms over and over again!
- Pet peeve: When flies get stuck inside and are buzzing around all day but you can’t seem to find them anywhere!
- Favorite restaurant in Colorado: Bar Taco! My boyfriend and I had this tradition when we were long distance, when I was living in CA and he was in CO, that for our first dinner together we’d go to Bar Taco for margs + tacos no matter what time I landed even if it was only ten minutes before closing at 11pm! It’s a place that holds happy memories that we often visit for date nights now!
Photography | Kristin Karkoska at Blue Sky Studio