It is another week of #CoffeewithCalluna but this time around we are switching things up! As wedding planners, we often get asked if our jobs are like J-Lo’s in The Wedding Planner, or if we walk around with a headset and clipboard giving orders. While we love The Wedding Planner and all of the fun bridal movies, we thought it would be fun to give you all a TRUE look inside of our lives as planners!
We hope you enjoy! Meet Lauren!
LAUREN GROEPER (PLANNER)
- What do you do to relax after a wedding is over? The day after a wedding my go-to’s are PJs, netflix, and a bottle of Bread + Butter chardonnay.
- What do you like to do when you’re not planning weddings? Zumba, brunching with friends, catching a new episode of Fixer Upper, and traveling!
- What is something you have seen at a wedding that you absolutely loved? Any time a couple’s furry friend is a part of their wedding day, it’s priceless! We just worked with a super cute and fluffy Samoyed who wore his own little bowtie!
- What is your favorite part of the planning process? The design! I love working with couples to discover what elements will make their wedding truly theirs, and the fun process of selecting those specific items. Seeing it all come together on the wedding day is the absolute best!
- What is your favorite reception song? Shout! Even people who claim not to like this song always get on the dance floor.
- Favorite flower? Peonies!
- Favorite dress designer? Sareh Nouri – I love how romantic, yet sophisticated her gowns are.
- One trend you are over seeing? Greenery is a trend I’ve seen a lot over the past few years used in different ways, but honestly I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of it! It’s so timeless.
- What is some advice you would give couples planning their own wedding? Have fun, and take it one step at a time! It’s easy to get a bit overwhelmed if you’re looking at the whole to-do list at once. Tackle your planning little by little, and soak up every second of it!