There are clients that make you happy. Clients who make you smile when you see their name flash across your computer and excited to receive emails from. Emily is one of those clients. She’s a joy to be around, a joy to hear from and a joy to work with. So gracious, so sweet, so thoughtful. We know we won’t tire of seeing these two in person or in print!
We are thrilled to be helping Emily + Michael plan their 2016 wedding! We wanted to share these lovely engagement photos from Ali Vagnini, one of our preferred photographers and who we’ll have the privilege of working with next July on Emily + Michael’s wedding.
We are absolutely smitten with this couple and swooning over these engagement photos by Tess Pace Photography! We have a small place in our hearts for these two – not only are they incredible to work with, so in love and such sweet people… Fiona is British and Lane is part Hawaiian. Fiona was born in England but raised mostly in the states. We are helping them incorporate touches throughout from her British and his Hawaiian heritage. And you might know that our owner Heather is also half Scottish. So when Fiona started talking about tea tins, eton mess, sticky toffee pudding, Pimm’s Cup and all things British we knew it was a complete match!
We can’t wait for Fiona and Lane’s wedding this upcoming June at the St. Julien. It will be an exquisite wedding with some of our favorite vendors like Lale Floral Designs, LMD Productions, Lucky’s Bakehouse, Alchemy Mineral Blends, Soul School, of course Tess Pace Photography and a few more!
We are so in love with these lovebirds. It was an effortless pairing between Heather Gray and Molly + Nick to make these gorgeous engagement photos come to life in the beautiful backyard of our lovely state. We can see joy radiating off of them and we’re counting the days to see them tie the knot. Many, many congratulations to this wonderful couple!
We’re thrilled to work with an excellent round of vendors for the wedding. Stay tuned for more detail! | Spruce Mountain Ranch | Plum Sage Flowers | Epicurean Catering | Event Rents | DJ Jahsonic | Pixels Poetic | Peak Beverage | Alchemy Mineral Blends | Bridal Goddess | Heather Gray Photography
Love. Pure and beautiful. This couple. These photos. There are almost no words. And then we realize this couple, this love, and these photos are beautiful reminders of why we love what we get to do each and every day. To work with couples in love. To have the fortune to work with a photographer this immensely talented. Kate and Greg, you inspire us. Rebecca, your images touch us. We cannot wait for your day this summer and for the months in between to be inspired more! Thank you. Photography by Manzanita
Abby and Sean looking stunning in their sweater-weather engagement shoot with the undeniable talent of Angie Wilson Photography. Playful yet romantic, this husband-and-wife-to-be cozied up to one another and soaked up every inch of love around them. We can’t wait to help get these two to the altar, for their 2015 Vail wedding, but first we are thoroughly enjoying each lovable photos. PS – how perfect is her gorgeous flower crown?! (Compliments of The Perfect Petal)
Thank you for being a love capturer, Angie Wilson Photography! xx, Calluna Events
I am inspired. Plain and simple. This is truly one of the best engagement shoots I have ever seen…and I have seen a lot. It helps that Mari Katherine + Tomas are stunning, but they also exude beauty, passion and love.
Sometimes we are hired by brides without actually meeting them in person until months into the planning, due to distance and their plan of a Colorado destination wedding. We work side-by-by with them on the most intimate details of their wedding without meeting, and yet feel an immense connection. Sometimes for reasons that are transparent and others that are deep seated and have that “meant-to’be” quality. Mari Katherine is that bride for me.
MK and Tomas – I am in awe and so excited to work with you both in the coming year on your wedding. Thank you for sharing a peek into your world. And thank you to Steve Stanton Photography for the beyond gorgeous wedding photos! Remarkable really!
Just a regular Sunday afternoon… Picking up a custom floral headpiece from our friends at the Perfect Petal in Denver, getting dressed up, grabbing a vintage stole, and heading up to Gold Hill, Colorado for a fun love shoot.
Calluna Event’s own Lead Planner + Stylist, Jolene, and her hubby, Chad, were the stars of this would-have-been Wedding Winter wonderland. They never took formal engagement photos before their own wedding in 2011, so Ali Bove of Alison Vagnini Photography jumped at the opportunity for this post-wedding photo shoot.
Ali is not only a phenomenal photographer, but she is so much fun to work with! For this particular shoot, she brought a number of different cameras including a polaroid-style vintage camera! Ali gave Jolene + Chad the polaroids as a memento of the day. Ali, having been in the wedding industry for years, knows exactly how to make clients feel comfortable and is a joy to work with. Her creative approach to photography, authentic style, calm and collected demeanor, and her true sense of humor make modeling for photos so much fun!
It’s never too late for a photo shoot of your own! Have you been wanting to do something like this? If so, give Ali a call and enjoy playing dress up for the afternoon!
We do know that sometimes photo shoots can feel awkward or unnatural, so here are a few tips on how to look your best from the beautiful blog, Green Wedding Shoes:
1. The key to engagement pictures is effortlessness. In order to look comfortable in front of a camera you should feel and look comfortable. You don’t want to be in a dress or pair of shoes that you usually don’t wear. Don’t feel pressured into wearing a jewel encrusted floor length ball gown with stilettos. Just wear something you know that you are awesome at rocking at and go with it!
2. The dress you decide to wear for your engagement pictures should be something simple and easy to wear. You want to wear usually something knee length so you can easily walk around your shoot location without worrying about carrying the dress or ruining it. Photographers like to shoot outdoors and take their couples to the beach, mountains or something that isn’t floor length dress friendly.
3. To give your guests a preview of your wedding you may want to ask your florist to create a little floral headpiece or use some flowers from your wedding to add to your look.
4. Don’t feel like wearing a dress but still want glam it up a bit for the shoot? Throw on some cute denim high waist shorts and pair with a pop of color with a tucked in long sleeve blouse. To accessorize a bit you can put on a long charm necklace and some simple gold earrings. To complete the outfit put on some black pumps or flats and you are good to go!
5. Engagement pictures are to help you get comfortable with your wedding photographer and help you feel prepared for your wedding day. Don’t feel shy to ask the photographer how to pose and how your posture looks. This is the time to master the camera and figure out the best shots that work for you and your future spouse! It is also a good idea to do your test run with your hair and make up artist. This way you can get a better idea of how your make up and hair will be on your wedding day in pictures. You don’t have to do the exact same make up that you have planned. Try changing it up a bit! Instead of doing nude lips, be creative and try pink or orange lips.
6. Be yourself, smile, and really show the love!