What will your wedding colors be this summer? We’ve discovered Pantone’s Spring 2012 Color Forecast and thought we’d share some of our favorite combinations.
|Thanks to Deny Designs for the color wheel
- For a modern city chic wedding try Driftwood, Margarita and Tangerine Tango.
- More of a farm to table wedding gal, what about Solar Power, Starfish and Margarita.
- Or perhaps you are a classic bride who will marry her sweetie in a church with an elegant ballroom reception, we like Cabaret, Sodalite Blue and Cockatoo or BellFlower together.
- Getting married destination style on a beach how about combining Starfish, Cockatoo and Driftwood.
- Sodalite Blue, Solar Power and Driftwood
- Summery brides hosting their wedding in an art gallery or outdoors could combine Tangerine, Solar Power and Cockatoo. How fun!
- And for the helpless romantics who want a feminine twist try Bellflower, Sweet Lilac and Driftwood.
- We can’t help but notice a lot of our brides marrying in the Colorado Mountains choosing color palattes similar to Sweet Lilac, Margarita, Solar Power, Bellflower, Starfish and Cabaret. The pink provides the pop against the lovely muted hues of the other colors.
- One final combination that says classic yet modern or a countryclub wedding near the sea is Cockatoo, Driftwood and Sodalite Blue.
Here’s what Pantone has to say about their combinations:
- Provocative Tangerine Tango, an enticing juicy orange, is a vivacious and appealing refresher to enliven anyone’s outlook this spring. Providing a jolt of energy, Solar Powerradiates warmth and cheer.
- Fanciful Bellflower, a distinct ornamental purple, exudes uniqueness and creativity.
- Scintillating and sexy, Cabaret is a sensual and intense rosy-red — an excellent choice for summer clothing and cosmetics.
- Sodalite Blue, a classic maritime hue, brings order and calmness to mind. Like an anchor to a ship, this dependable shade works with every color in the palette.
- Cockatoo, a tactile blue-green, is sure to make your spirits soar. This unusual hue adds a whimsical touch to the palette and will surely make a statement this spring.
- Margarita, a piquant yellow-green, lifts spirits with its refreshing and stimulating glow.
- Reminiscent of a blossoming garden on an early spring morning, fragrant Sweet Lilac evokes the fresh scents of summer. This delicate pinkish lilac adds a touch of romance to any wardrobe.
- Natural versatile neutrals add practicality to this season’s brights.
- Driftwood, an adaptable blend of beige and gray with a slightly weathered feel, and
- Starfish, a perfect warm summer neutral, complement all colors featured in this season’s top 10.
- For an ultra-bold vibrant look this spring, try mixing Bellflower with Tangerine Tango and Cabaret. Combine Margarita with Sweet Lilac and Cockatoo for a subtle alternative, or combine Margarita with Sweet Lilac and Driftwood for a more practical variation. Solar Power is best juxtaposed with Sodalite Blue. For a safer bet, add a natural neutral like Starfish to the mix.
For over 18 years, Pantone, the global authority on color, has surveyed the designers of New York Fashion Week and beyond to bring you the season’s most important color trends. This report previews the most prominent hues for spring 2012.
Colorado Wedding Planner