This year, 2021, marked our 18th-year business and it is a year we started with so much hope coming off the previous year, 2020.
2021 was for Calluna our best year to date, but also our most challenging as our team worked tirelessly to celebrate our 2020 couples and to plan our 2021 weddings while managing weddings in a pandemic and an unprecedented amount of engagements and inquiries. It was a year in which we did 54 events, 15 of which were postponements from 2020. This year we felt moments of normalcy as we watched our couples walk down the aisle, listen to toasts at receptions, and dance surrounded by those they love the most. We felt more connected and more grateful to have a hand in these huge milestones for our couples, all while a global pandemic continued on and changed our new normal.
I’ve continued to say our biggest growth comes from the biggest challenges and this was another growth year for us.
We are so humbled that our clients supported us and were by our side through this. Our clients are the reason heroes of Calluna and why we got through 2020 this year without closing our doors. The fact that we watched so many of our 2020 couples walk down the aisle (Finally!) this year brings tears to our eyes. We are inspired by our couple’s reliance and saw that love and connection was truly what mattered most to them.
I am ever grateful to the Calluna team for the calm and professional way they supported our couples, each other, and me. They inspire me every day and worked tirelessly to get us through his year. They were so loyal in the face of so much uncertainty and I cannot begin to thank them for their dedication to their clients and Calluna.
I’m so grateful for all our 2020 couples who were able to get married this year, and our 2021 couples whose weddings we planned as well as grateful for our 2022 full calendar.
We are continually inspired, challenged, and motivated to do incredible things and be the best we can be!
Without further ado, we are happy to share our highlights with you!
- We planned 54 events, 15 of which were postponed from 2020.
- We planned weddings & events all over the mountain west and planned destination weddings in Charlottesville Virginia, Laguna Beach CA, and Bozeman Montana. We were at our ever-favorite Brush Creek Ranch in Wyoming several times as well as a first at A Bar A Ranch in Wyoming. We spent many weekends in Aspen including our first event at Dunbar Ranch (Kevin Costner’s Ranch) as well as many this year at The Little Nell. We were at Dunton Hot Springs twice, Devil’s Thumb Ranch five times, Denver, Boulder, Denver, and Colorado Springs.
- One of our main highlights of the year was the honor and privilege of planning Governor Jared Polis and First Gentleman Marlon Reis’ wedding in September in Colorado.
- Coming off 2020, safety and the health of our couples and their guests remained paramount and we continued to stay up to date on all local, regional and national recommendations re-imagined and re-planned with the couples, guests and vendor’s health and safety in mind!
- Our Owner, Heather, continued to provide coaching to several wedding professionals and continues to work with clients.
- We had two incredible interns this season, Kira Sullivan and Kaitlin Memmer who were such incredible on site support for us this year.
- We traveled to Dallas twice for the Jordan Kahn Orchestra spring showcase and then holiday concert where we saw colleagues and industry friends
- Our owner attended Engage Luxury Summit – Retreat in Greece, her 6th Engage.
- We participated in Emerge, an industry event at Eclectic Hive featuring their new tabletop collection and in collaboration with vendor partners.
- Our Owner Heather was a speaker at the inaugural Lunaira retreat, a floral design workshop.
- We entered the TikTok world and now have several that have gone viral. Give us a follow on TikTok!
- We planned a spring kick off + styled shoot for the Calluna Crew and partnered with some of our favorite vendors.
- We participated in the Chandlerie Styled Shoot featured their newest candle colors.
- We are elated to be included once again on the list of the Best Wedding Planners in America by BRIDES, which was just announced last week!
- We are extremely honored to have our Owner Heather Dwight be on the List of the BizBash Top 500 People in the US Event Industry.
- We received the Knot Best of Weddings 2021 and 2022 for the 16th year in a row! We’ve received this honor since 2007, the very first year of The Knot Best of Weddings!
- We were asked to once again be a part of the reinvigorated Little Black Book of Style Me Pretty.
- We received the Wedding Wire Couple’s Choice Award 2021 + 2022!
- We continued to be listed as a preferred wedding planner at the Brush Creek Ranch, St Julien Hotel & Spa, Devil’s Thumb Ranch, ICONIC Weddings, Beaver Creek Resorts, Vail Resorts, Snowmass, Four Seasons Denver, The Kitchen Restaurants, River Bend, and more!
Calluna Events in the wedding world:
- Hannah + Tim’s Arizona wedding was featured on Green Wedding Shoes.
- Alana + Ian’s wedding was featured in Couture Colorado.