We all know that music is one of the essential components of a wedding celebration. A fantastic DJ or band can leave your guests with smiling faces and happy feet after hours of getting down on the dance floor. However, we realize that deciding on a live band or a DJ is often a difficult decision, and sometimes requires endless amounts of online surfing and research. There are tons of factors that go into deciding your wedding entertainment like personality, budget and space… so to take the stress out of finding the perfect entertainer for your big day we have compiled a list of some of the pros & cons of hiring a DJ or a band!
Enjoy! xx, Calluna
The Band: A live wedding band most definitely has some perks and can add a level of excitement and sophistication to your wedding reception. Not only will the crowd feed off of the bands energy, but a good bandleader can also excite and keep the crowd dancing all night long!
- Live music will allow the crowd to feel the excitement of a performance. Your guests will be entertained by the live aspect of a band, and will be inspired to stay out on the dance floor.
- A live band makes for a gorgeous addition to the party! All of the instruments, musicians and vocalists will add an element of beauty to your reception. Their presentation and place on the stage will inspire guests to show off their moves.
- Live music can often be more emotional, which is important on a wedding day. We adore the sight of a father-daughter dance to the heartfelt songs of a live vocalist.
- Bands tend to be a bit pricier than DJ’s due to equipment and travel costs, which can be difficult for some budgets.
- While bands can perform a variety or music and styles, it can be hard for them to take every song request on demand, so a particular style may be required.
The DJ: Wedding DJ’s can play all of your favorite songs by all of your favorite artists while simultaneously amping up the crowd! If you want to keep the party going all night long, a DJ can be the perfect option to keep the music coming and the crowd dancing.
- DJ’s are great at appealing to a variety of requests! Whether you are dying to hear a classic crowdpleaser (everybody likes a good YMCA) or a modern day pop song, DJ’s can play a large spectrum of music with the click of a button!
- DJ’s also tend to be less expensive than bands, often coming with less equipment which means your Dj will take up less space! This is ideal if you have a smaller venue.
- DJ’s require less breaks than bands, so there should be a pretty steady flow of music and entertainment for your guests!
- For guests not looking to dance, a DJ can be less entertaining than a live band performance.
- If you hire a DJ with a less than fabulous personality, the mood of the party may be impacted. Make sure you vibe with your DJ’s personality and share similar taste in entertainment and music style.
Featured Image:: Jessica Christie Photography