We’re pleased to welcome Lindsay Hayden to the Calluna Events team as our newest Lead Planner + Designer.
A Colorado Native, Lindsay packed up her bags five years ago and headed to the Big Apple to pursue her passion for event planning and design. She spent five years in New York and has worked with recognizable brands like Sephora, Google, Airbnb, Slack, Pandora, BuzzFeed and more. In addition to designing and producing out-of-the-box corporate events, Lindsay also lent her talents to creating numerous unique social events, weddings and bar and bat mitzvahs in New York City and around the world.
More about Lindsay!
- Favorite part of the wedding planning process: That’s tough! I think after all the long days and calls and planning timelines – having the mood boards and mockups come to life is my favorite. To see those ideas that have been only on paper for months and months come to life and seeing the look on your bride & groom’s face that their vision came to life with your help is really special!
- Favorite part of the wedding day: I love a good first look with the bride and groom but I have to say that I am loving this new trend of doing a first look with the father of the bride. My dad is so special to me and every time I see these moments, I’m an instant puddle of tears and can’t wait to share that special moment with my dad one day!
- Post-wedding ritual: That night it’s usually a nice glass of rosé to wind down, but then Sundays are for a serious sleep in, trips to the dog park and usually a massage before gearing up for the next one!
- Favorite reception song: I Wanna Dance with Somebody by Whitney Houston – I’m a believer it should always be the last song to get everyone on the dance floor before closing out the night! (Calluna note – Lindsay is going to fit right in with our #CallunaWhitney!)
- Favorite wedding gown designer: Hayley Paige – I went to her show at New York Bridal Fashion week 4 years ago and ever since then I’ve been in LOVE!
- Least loved wedding-day trend: I’m ready to see the garter + bouquet toss go. None one needs to be up my dress in front of my dad!
- Trend you’d like to see more of: Moody Florals. I love romantic blush and white floral moments, but I’d love to see those with more pops of black magic roses and burgundy dahlias to add a little edge!
- Best advice for a newly engaged couple: Besides the obvious which is to enjoy the new and exciting time together would be to really focus on what matters to you. It’s so easy to get wrapped up on making your Pinterest board to come to life but a lot of times doing that can break the budget which causes unnecessary arguments and unnecessary stress. This is supposed to the most FUN time in your life – which is why we at Calluna help make it less stressful!
- On the weekend you can find me: I’m outdoorsy in that I like drinking on patios. Denver has so many great outdoor patios so you can usually find me (& my sweet puppy Elliot Stabler and boyfriend Ken) outside in the sunshine, with a glass of rosé, of course!
Okay – now for some good ole’ fashioned rapid fire:
- Favorite cocktail: Equal tie between an Old Fashioned and a crisp glass of rosé
- Beach or mountains: Mountains
- Early bird or night owl: Night Owl
- Sweet or salty: Hands down, sweet!
- Dream vacation: Santorini + Mykonos
- Go-to coffee order: Venti Caramel Latte
- Favorite Social Channel: ….does anything other than Instagram exist?! 🙂
- Favorite movie: I have to be honest that I don’t know if I have one – I’m much more of a TV show person. You can catch me watching Law & Order: SVU or binging a series on Netflix anytime over a movie!
- Guilty pleasure: I love looking at real estate. I think if I weren’t an event planner, I would be an interior designer. I love looking at properties and seeing what I would do with the space, which walls I would knockdown and how I would transform it. Totally bringing out my inner Chip & Jo!
- Pet peeve: Talking with your mouth full of food!
- Favorite restaurant in Denver: D Bar is probably one of my favorite spots. It’s an amazing mix of upscale comfort food (get the mac n’ cheese!) and the most amazing desserts. The cake and shake will forever be my favorite dessert – refer to the above sweet tooth!
Click here to see Lindsay’s bio on our About Us page.