Each year when we sit down to write our Year in Review, we are in awe of what we accomplished! 2022 was our 19th season in business and it finally felt like the world was entering a period of normalcy after the upheaval of 2020 and 2021.
Coming off 2021, which was a very challenging year as we worked tirelessly to celebrate our 2020 couples, plan our 2021 weddings while managing an unprecedented amount of engagements and inquiries, we took a step back to reflect on what we had been through and where we were going. We realized we were more passionate than ever about weddings and we wanted to continue our elevated style and focus on quality over quantity only accepting Full-Service clients.
Our team was proud to produce 41 Full-Service weddings in 2022! It felt like we were back to a post-pandemic normalcy as we watched our couples walk down the aisle, listen to toasts at receptions, and dance surrounded by those they love the most. We continue to feel so grateful to have a hand in these huge milestones for our couples!
We are so fortunate to do what we love and create beautiful weddings for our clients alongside this wonderful wedding community. We continue to be ever-so inspired by the Calluna Community – our clients who choose Calluna, the creative partners and venues we are fortunate to work so closely with, who continually entrust their clients with us.
We are particularly grateful for our clients from this year! Witnessing your weddings is a great honor! Once again, this year brought some incredible weddings and visions, where we were able to collaborate and be creative in ways we always dreamed of. We are forever grateful for our client’s trust in us and our ability to constantly grow and expand our offerings.
Without further ado, we are happy to share our highlights from 2022 with you!
- We planned 41 Full-Service weddings!
- We planned our first two international weddings – one in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and one in Lucca, Tuscany, Italy.
- We planned weddings & events all over the mountain west and planned destination weddings in St. Louis, Charlottesville Virginia, Laguna Beach California, and Bozeman Montana. We were at our ever-favorite Magee Homestead at Brush Creek Ranch in Wyoming, as well as several private ranches in Wyoming. We spent many weekends in Aspen at The Little Nell, Aspen Art Museum, and T Lazy 7 Ranch. We were at Devil’s Thumb Ranch, Beaver Creek, Vail, Denver, Boulder, and Colorado Springs.
- Our Lead Planner Lindsay Hayden planned her own wedding and was married to her husband Ken at T Lazy 7 Ranch in Aspen, working with many of Calluna’s tried and true vendors. Congratulations Lindsay and Ken!
- In June we welcomed our new Event Planner + Marketing Specialist, Jenna Frum, who came to us from Southern California!
- Our Owner, Heather, continued to provide coaching to several wedding professionals and continues to work with clients.
- We added a new Event Assistant, Taylor Sicko, and our veteran Event Assistants Gina, Megan, and Kira were such seasoned and incredible on-site support for us this year.
- Lindsay and Melanie traveled to Dallas to represent Calluna at the Jordan Kahn Orchestra holiday concert where we saw colleagues and industry friends.
- Our owner, Heather, attended Engage Luxury Summit – Retreat in Marrakesh Morocco and Dove Mountain Arizona, her seventh + eighth Engage Experiences!
- We designed and planned a styled shoot for Rocky Mountain Bride in Snowmass, CO. Working with an incredible creative team, our hard work will be showcased in their Fall 2023 issue!
- Our TikTok world has grown, and now have several that have gone viral. Give us a follow on TikTok!
- In November, our team spent some quality time and R&R at Devil’s Thumb Ranch to celebrate the end of another successful season.
- We are honored and elated to be included once again on the list of the Best Wedding Planners in America by BRIDES!
- The wedding of Governor Jared Polis and First Gentleman Marlon Reis was published in 5280 Magazine and online at Couture Colorado! We are so grateful to have their wedding showcased!
- We are extremely honored to have our Owner Heather Dwight be on the List of the BizBash Top 500 People in the US Event Industry.
- We received the Knot Best of Weddings 2023 for the 17th year in a row! We’ve received this honor since 2007, the very first year of The Knot Best of Weddings!
- We continue to be a part of Little Black Book of Style Me Pretty.
- We received the Wedding Wire Couple’s Choice Award 2023!
- We continued to be listed as a preferred wedding planner at the Brush Creek Ranch, St. Julien Hotel & Spa, Devil’s Thumb Ranch, ICONIC Weddings, Beaver Creek Resorts, Vail Resorts, Snowmass, Four Seasons Denver, The Kitchen Restaurants, River Bend, and more!
Calluna Events in the Wedding World
- Our owner participated in the BRIDES article, 17 Unique Ways to Host a Mountain Wedding.
- We planned and participated in the 10th annual Boulder Burgundy Festival with our friends at Boulder Wine Merchant.
- Murph and Jason’s Wyoming Summer wedding with a James Bond Twist was featured the front page of Style Me Pretty!
- Hampton + Michael’s A Western Chic Wedding Weekend at Brush Creek Ranch was featured on Over the Moon!
- Jessica + Alex’s Modern Fairytale wedding at Greystone Castle in Boulder was featured in Rocky Mountain Bride.
- Ali + Dan’s A Fresh And Fun Take On A Classic Mountain Wedding at Beano’s Cabin was featured on Style Me Pretty!
- Ashley + Peter’s Brush Creek Ranch wedding was featured in Rocky Mountain Bride.
- Ashley + Peter’s rehearsal dinner was also featured in Rocky Mountain Bride.
- We were featured in the BRIDES article on handling wedding weather emergencies.
- Meghan + Chris’ Sonnenalp Vail wedding was featured on Carats + Cake.
- Abbie + Eric’s winter wedding on the top of Vail Mountain was featured in Carats + Cake.
- Shelby + Arthur’s Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch wedding was featured in Carats + Cake.
- We were featured in the PartySlate article about wedding ceremony arches.